YETHOLM PROPERTIES UK LTD AND YETHOLM PROPERTIES 1994 LTD ARE REGISTERED WITH THE ICO (INFORMATION COMMISSIONER’S OFFICE)
This document outlines the purpose for which we gather data from you, the scope of the data we gather, and the way in which the data is stored and distributed.
We promise that your data will be kept safe and private, and not sold to a third party.
Your data will not be transferred to any country outside the EU
Data Controller: Philip Cannon, Yetholm Properties, 28 St Mary’s Place, Newcastle upon Tyne, NE1 7PQ. 0191 2210404
Data Protection Officer: As above
If you have any questions, or want more details about how we use your personal information, please call us on 0191 2210404 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
PURPOSE AND LEGAL BASIS FOR PROCESSING
As a letting agent, we are legally required to hold information relevant to the tenancy, for the purposes of compliance with the right to rent legislation or gas safety requirements for example.
Your data may be used in various ways, in pursuance of the legitimate interests of the company in relation to your tenancy agreement. Examples include:
* Passing the names of new tenants to utility companies
* Passing information to the tenants bank
* Seeking references which are provided to letting/managing agents or employers (you will give us written permission to do this)
* Disclosing details of a tenant or guarantor who has rent arrears to a tracing agent or debt collector to help them recover money owed
* Passing on forwarding addresses of former tenants to utility companies
* Providing tenant’s contact details to repairers to arrange for required work to be carried out
* Notifying other joint tenants of any rent arrears owed by another tenant
* Informing the guarantor where the tenant has failed to pay rent
* Passing the names of new tenants to the local authority for the purpose of council tax exemption
* Passing the names of tenants to deposit protection agencies
* Passing information to the police when we have a legal duty to do so
CATEGORIES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
The data we will collect from you is as follows:
Full name and date of birth
Educational establishment, course attended and student ID number
Home address and present address
Contact details including mobile number, home number and email
Employment and employers contact details
HOW YOUR DATA IS STORED
Electronic data is stored via a software provider compliant with GDPR. They do not employ any automated tasks (automates) on our behalf.
Paper records are stored on site in secure cabinets. Personal data is not taken off site.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Your data will be retained for up to six years following the end of your tenancy. The reasons we do this are:
* To enable us to provide information legitimately required by someone in the future
* To obey rules that apply to us about keeping records
You can choose not to give us personal information. This would either delay or prevent us from fulfilling our contractual obligations with you, or doing what we must do by law. We would be unable to create a tenancy in this scenario.
You can ask us to stop using your personal information if you think there is no need for us to keep it, which is known as “the right to be forgotten”. We will only be unable to do this if there are legal or other official reasons why we need to keep using your data.
You can request a copy of the personal information we hold about you at any time. You have a right to question any information we have about you that you think is incorrect. We will check and correct any inaccuracies.